The verdict: HE LOVED IT! So glad too because he has to go back. He was very excited and very prepared. We are so proud of our big kid!
What I love best about Carter is that he was also so thoughtful of his sister and realized that she would miss him during the day. We have our little ritual of how we say goodbye, the three of us, in the morning so we can keep each other close all day.
Moira was very thoughtful of him, too, and asked if we could get him a little treat. Little did she know I already had something planned.
Carter came off the bus yesterday literally shrieking with delight...and without a backpack. He was so excited he had to run back to the bus to get it.
Now, if we can only keep this momentum up through med-school. ;-)
Can you see how proud he is??? My good friend, Desi, made the chalkboard for us so we can use it every year. Love it!
Moira was so excited she didn't want to wait to finish breakfast to get it on the pictures. Classy, just like her momma.
Proud Daddy! Jon took the morning off to see Carter off on his first day. He met us in time to grab him off the bus later too!
We raced the bus to school to grab photos of Carter heading into school too. Don't judge! We weren't the only parents doing the exact same thing!
So proud and confident!
Oh! The Places he'll GO! Muah!!!
I planned a little welcome home party for Carter after school. Moira picked out a present for him. It was a big hit.
Please look closely: Carter bursting off the bus
Check out his mad air!
Bursting to his momma!!
"Where's your backpack???", ""ACK! I left it on the bus!!!"
Now he's got it!
Reunited!! Great day Carter! SO proud of you!!!!
Abigail (and a perpetual pollen pile up)
4 months ago
1 comment:
Oh, this makes me teary-eyed! So glad your handsome boy had a fabulous first day. I was praying for him (and you, too, Momma), and I'm so happy to hear that he's ready for more (school).
Post a Comment