Thursday, September 29, 2011

Apple Picking!

Last weekend we took the kids to our favorite place to pick apples. We found a great orchard 3 years ago and now faithfully return each year. We spent Carter's 4th and 5th birthday there, so it is a special place for us. The view is incredible and the orchard is full of great apples. We packed a picnic, loaded the kids in the car and met some of our dear friends for a great day in the country.
The kids had a blast running wild, climbing trees and trying to tackle the dads as they played football. Later, I made some apple crisp. I am attempting to tackle slow-cooker apple sauce. It is starting to taste like Fall here, even if the weather doesn't feel like it. It is nearly October and it is still in the 80's most days!
I hope you enjoy our pictures!

Moira and our friend Tyler trying to tackle Jon
 This is a beautiful shot of Moira to be sure. However, when I blew it up, I noticed a red blob hanging in a tree behind her. That would be her brother, Carter, enjoying the great outdoors. Two little monkeys!
 We were unable to get Carter to hold still too long to snap many photos of him. He had too much fun running wild



No comments: