Thursday, January 7, 2010

Moira's First Pedi!


I realize it is a bit fuzzy but our sweet baby girl's toes are PINK! Her Auntie Meg asked if she could have the honor and I thought it would be super sweet. She looked darling! Gramma explained to Moira, who was wriggling around in the firm embrace of Gramma's arms, that "Beauty is pain". I smiled because that was the same mantra my mom sang to me as she shoved bobby pins into my scalp before dance recitals.  We had to keep her from wriggling out of Gramma's arms afterward so she wouldn't crawl around and (gasp!) smudge her pedi.
Daddy was a little surprised and not too thrilled but I assured him the paint would come off ....someday. Carter exclaimed that her toes "look beauutiful!" And I love catching Moira peeking at her toes. They are especially distracting at diaper-changing time.