As the New Year dawns, we all seem challenged to think about what we want to change about ourselves. While change is good, I was recently reminded to be thankful for what I already have. I know, some of you are thinking, "Ah, Mariah, Thanksgiving was a few months ago...get with it!".
Just the other day I received a delightful email from my mother-in-law. She attached something she had found that made her think of me. In my hurried, ultra-busy, "super-important" life, I glanced at the length, sighed and decided to read it when I had "more time". Well, later today I had "more time" (a mistake I am sure but there it was so I TOOK it!). Once I read it I was immediately humbled. I have attached it below to share with you. I hope it touches your heart as it did mine.
It made me realize that we don't ALWAYS have to change - ourselves or our children. This year I am choosing to accept. I will accept my children for who they are: gifts created by God. I will accept myself for who I am: loved and forgiven but most importantly, created for His purpose. I will accept others for who they are: children of God.
Enjoy!
"What is a girl?"
"What is a boy?"
Abigail (and a perpetual pollen pile up)
4 months ago
No comments:
Post a Comment