Saturday, August 1, 2009

Clap Clap Clap Your Hands!

Moira can clap her hands! Well, at least she did yesterday with Carter and me. Of course, when her Daddy came home and we tried to show him, she looked at us like we were crazy. I outsmarted her though (this time) and was able to snap a few pictures for proof. (P.S. the dress she is wearing in these photos, MY grandmother made for me when I was this age...yes, yes, it is vintage, an antique!)






Moira continues to amaze us with how fast she is growing. Tomorrow, Sunday the 2nd, she will 8 months already! I can not believe the time has flown by already. She still scoots, but is working at her traditional crawl a little every day. She enjoys rocking on all fours and has even figured how to pull herself to sitting in her crib. Such a strong girl! It is astounding how fast she can travel on her belly. She also enjoys her gustatory adventures and loves food she can feed herself. She is very independent, which is hard for this controlling momma of hers to reconcile.

Carter is doing great as well. He has definitely discovered the magical world of make-believe and can be found entertaining himself for longer periods of time with all of his new "friends". I never know who will join him, or who he will pretend to be. One moment he is a Storm Trooper, the next red Spiderman or black Spiderman, the next Robin Hood. His new favorite is to pretend to be David and throw balls of paper at me (Goliath) with his sling shot (my hair band). There is always an adventure at the Stevenson house!

We are both excited for preschool to start in 6 weeks...but really, who's counting?

2 comments:

Nicole said...

So precious, Mariah! The best is little Carter in the background... "Mom, Mom, Mom!" Love it!

Meghan Dorn said...

I LOVE her back flip! It's so precious! You gotta love the "Mom" chant...ended of course with "I have an emergency..."