Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Baby Girl is 3!!!!

I can not get over that Moira turned 3 on December 2nd. What is even more unreal is that I can't believe she wasn't 3 sooner. What I mean by that is that she has been so articulate, so opinionated, so independent for so long, I sometimes forget how little she really is. But now, she is 3! No more toddler. A full-fledged Pre-schooler (even though she has been going to school for nearly 3 months now, it hadn't fully sunk in).
We couldn't be more blessed to have Moira in our lives. She is so bright, so full of energy, so passionate and articulate. She knows what she wants and is uncompromising in her standards. She marches to her own beat and doesn't seek out the crowd. All qualities I desire for my daughter as a young woman, but prove to be challenging as I parent her while she is still a child. Moira, we love you so much. You make our family complete with such a sweetness about you. I thank God for the blessing of you!

Enjoy some photos from her birthday parties - one with her friends (Moira wanted a fairy birthday) and one later on with family.
 The Fairy Picnic
 Fairy Cupcakes
 I call this creation "Tinker Bell shoved in a cake" a la Aunt Marisa

 Instead of candy and piddly toys, I opted to make the girls tutus and wands for favors. They were a huge hit. The wings were a miracle find at the dollar section of Target.
 My little fairy princess would NOT let me take her picture. This I snapped because she was hiding from me and she thought I was behind her. 
 Notice her not looking at me, but Miss Desi's camera. 
 Almost all the fairy princesses. Aren't they darling????
 My sweet fairy hiding from her momma. Again. 


 Moira showing off her new room to someone. I love this expression. She has recently starting talking with her hands. She is officially One of Us now. ;-) 

 The Birthday Princess with her proud big brother
Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! We love you so!!!

1 comment:

DESIWELCH said...

Love the hand gesture picture! Hysterical...