This Tuesday, Carter attended his first elementary school field trip to Cows-N-Corn. We were both very excited for me to go with him. I treasured his enthusiasm because I know the day is coming (faster than I would like) when he will not be so thrilled that I accompany him. Anywhere. (Not MY sweet bot, surely!?!)
After loading 30 Kindergartners onto the bus, I waited with bated breath for the ruckus to begin. But it never did. His class was SO good! And when the teacher gave them instructions, she ended with the question: "Understand?" and ALL the children responded, " YES MA'AM!". I was shocked! It was so old-school and I LOVED it! The students were very respectful and excellent listeners. It gave me so much peace about sending Carter out into the "great unknown".
After the bus ride, we got to the "stinky" farm and learned about dairy farming. I thought it was pretty interesting and these suburban kids LOVED running around in the great outdoors and climbing on hay bales. We even got to try fresh-made ice cream. Who wouldn't love that?!?
I could only snap a few pictures of Carter on my phone. He is getting so big!
Riding the tractor around learning about the farm
Learning all about Jersey Cows...he is very interested!
The bus ride home - they were worn out!
How precious! It only lasted about 15 minutes - but still!
Abigail (and a perpetual pollen pile up)
6 months ago




No comments:
Post a Comment