Saturday, December 25, 2010

CHRISTMAS MORNING!!!!!

As you can imagine, the kids were VERY excited to open presents this morning. Thank you to everyone for your generous gifts, they have already been enjoyed a great deal this morning. We are very blessed by family that continues to spoil us despite our distance.
Moira's favorite thing, by far, has been the Christmas candy. Jon and Carter are not HUGE fans of chocolate so I don't usually get too much, but it IS Christmas. I put a few pieces in each stocking and as Moira opened hers this morning, she found a 4 inch, peanut butter-filled Santa and began to eat the WHOLE thing - before we even opened a single present! She has been eating candy all morning (we have put it away but she still seems to find it). I guess she is her mother's girl after-all. Carter, however, is ALL Jon as evidenced by his getting dressed this morning before going downstairs to open presents. Jon was so proud but I explained to them that in this house, we open Christmas presents in our Jammies! Obedient Carter went and changed back into p.j.'s before heading downstairs.
Carter was so excited to see that Santa had left them a thank you note for the cookies and carrots. He also received his favorite tradition of Santa leaving a sleigh bell as "the first gift of Christmas" (from the book and movie Polar Express).
After all the presents had been opened, Jon asked Moira, "So Moira, do you like Christmas?" Moira responded, "I like the candy!"
We wish you and yours a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a joyous and blessed New Year!

 Carter's note is on the left. Santa left one for the kids before leaving our house (on the right).
 The After
Carter and Moira enjoying some of their new art supplies. I don't know how Jon did it, but Moira is smiling at the camera. Daddies!
If you squint your eyes it looks like he's choking her!
Merry Christmas, from our family to yours!

2 comments:

Meghan Dorn said...

"If you squint your eyes it looks like he's choking her"

Seriously? That's hilarious! Love the pix!

Miss you guys!

Heather said...

Is that a buche de Noel? Do share your recipe; I was contemplating making one this past Christmas--- seriously!