On the walk to the Gardens, we had to walk across the lawn in front of the U.S. Capitol building so we got to see the Christmas tree out front. The ornaments were all hand made and the theme was "Wyoming". I actually like this tree better than the one on front of the White House (the National Christmas Tree). It is very whimsical. The kids had a blast running around (of course, oblivious to their surroundings).
I do not take for granted one moment how blessed we are to live so close to our Nation's Capitol and take in all the sites and history that is right at our fingertips. I hope one day the kids will appreciate the opportunity they have. If not, I hope they at least had fun!
Carter and Moira in front of the Christmas tree on the lawn of the U.S. Capitol
Carter running around with his friend Christian.
Carter and Christian in front of the Capitol Building
Petra in Jordan
Showing us their "bear" faces in front of the Living Wreath. In theory, it doesn't die, it just keeps on growing. Obviously, they never met me. It would be dead within a week at my house.
Lincoln Memorial
This was the only way I could get my sweet little girl to smile for the camera all day. It was worth it though!
No comments:
Post a Comment