Friday, December 25, 2009

"Twas the Night Before Christmas!"


Our Christmas started with the candlelight service at church. We were VERY apprehensive as last year Carter did not make it through the first chord before he had a meltdown. But what a difference a year makes! Carter was very well-behaved and sang along to all the carols. He was excited to know each of them as we have been bellowing them out in the car for the past month thanks to a Christmas carol CD courtesy of Gramma. The other times, Carter sat quietly in the pew coloring and working in his activity book. Jon and I were thrilled with him! Carter was very impressed that everyone was there to celebrate "Jesus' birthday".
Moira was a good girl in the nursery and looked darling in her Christmas dress (of course!). In a couple of years she will be old enough to join us but for now I am glad she manages in the nursery just fine.
Later that evening, we came home to set out milk and cookies for Santa. Carter, Moira and I decorated them earlier that day. Carter picked his favorites for St. Nick and poured him a glass of milk. He also wrote him a note saying thank you for stopping by. This is the first year that Carter got really excited for Santa. He basically has been acting out scenes from Polar Express for the past few weeks. Jon read "Twas the Night Before Christmas", and Carter began to recite the poem before Jon could even get started (thanks again Christmas cd!). Finally, we were able to wrestle Carter into bed so Jon and I could get to work.
See our Christmas morning post!
All ready for Christmas Eve service!
 
Reading "Twas the Night before Christmas"


1 comment:

Marisa Ramsey said...

It is so sweet to see this tradition passed on!! I am glad you all had a wonderful Christmas!!