Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snow Day of 0-9!

We had a crazy snow storm hit the mid-Atlantic this weekend and we got snowed in for about a day and a half. Carter was thrilled, waking us at 5:30 Saturday morning asking if he could go play in the snow. Jon was beside himself  as this Georgia boy had never seen so much snow hit at one time. And I, the seasoned veteran, was mildly impressed as well.

I was pleased as each member set about to perform their "Snow Day" duties. Moira napped right on cue. Carter played his heart out in the snow. Jon set about the ardent task of shoveling the walk and driveway...and eventually digging his car out of 4 feet of snow. And me? I finally lived out one of my favorite movie scenes of all time: Getting ready to go out in the snow from A Christmas Story. I could not stop laughing the whole time as I got Carter dressed in layer upon layer of clothes, playing tug of war with his boots, and wrestling with his mittens. The coup de gras was the wrapping of the scarf around his neck. Round and round and round. I think I broke out in tears at this point. Carter was such a good sport as he put on each layer of shirts and socks. He thought I was crazy, but he still did as he was told. Thankfully, I remembered to remind Carter to use the restroom before preparation for the Arctic expedition began.

Enjoy the photos below.

The boys before their adventures



Jon shoveling. Our driveway is that big area on the right.

 Carter happy the snow stayed overnight!

Accumulation on our back deck. 20 inches!


On our patio table. 17 inches!


Our back deck.
































 Jon's car he will need to drive to work on Monday.
















I can only assume this is Carter BEFORE Jon put him to work digging out the car.

















After all Jon's hard work. THANK YOU!!!!!




















And now.....Carter sledding!!!!


 
 

"I had a great snow day adventure!"

3 comments:

Meghan Dorn said...

I am cold just looking at it! BRRRRR!! I'm so glad I came to visit when I did!

Glad Carter had a lot of fun.

Nice work, Jon!

And good job, Moira, for taking a warm nap!

love you all...see you in a week!

Pam said...

WOW! What a LOT of smow! It reminds me of the blizzard we had in VA Beach when Keri and Jon were really little. We had at least 20+ inches dropped three separate times within a two week period.

Jon, what a LOT of work you did in clearing all that snow! That was an extra special effort! Good for you!

I loved all the pics, especially those of Moira's Birthday and Carter's snow experience.

You guys are so blessed and surely a blessing to me.

Love, Nana

DESIWELCH said...

I wish we had a hill like that in our back yard. Looks like Carter had an awesome time!