Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of School!!!

I don't know who was more excited, Carter or me, but today was the first day of preschool!
Carter goes three days a week now and LOVES his school. One of his teachers is the same as last year so I think it has been very influential in easing him back into his routine. He even has some friends from last year in his class (all girls and they are very excited!). He couldn't wait to head off for the day with his Curious George lunch box and get his tote (instead of a backpack). He was a little disappointed that we had to walk in with him, he wanted to do it himself. I am thrilled for this opportunity for him. He really enjoys having a place that is his own. He feels so independent. I like it because it wiped him out! Please enjoy the photos below.

Outside his school:
















Finding his tote:
















Getting his name tag. Now he is ready for the day!
















Passing out after a hard day at school:

2 comments:

Meghan Dorn said...

I LOVE IT!!!! He is too cute! And his feet are so long! Can't wait for his first day of kindergarden when he and Moira can to the TADA pose!

Love you!

DESIWELCH said...

Christian's response to the last photo was "ah what is he doing? he's taking a nap!" My thought was and that will be you this afternoon!!! lol Great pictures! Thanks for sharing and as always you have beautiful kids!