We now officially welcome Miss Margaret Moira Stevenson to our family. Moira joined us last night, December 2nd, at 11:40pm weighing in at 8lbs 15ozs and stretched 22 inches tall.
As I am sure many of you are wanting to know, here's the (quick) story...
While playing a rousing game of cards with her sister, Mariah's water broke around 3:15pm yesterday afternoon. I was already on my way home from work (yes, you too can go home from work at 3:00 in the afternoon if you work for the government) so I easily made it home... and luckily traffic cooperated with us. (As some of you may know, traffic in and around D.C. can be challenging to say the least.) But we were fortunate. We arrived at the hospital just before 5:00 when Mariah's contractions really started to get her attention. We got checked in, jumped through the normal adminstrative hoops and eventually got settled in our room without any issues.
Quick sidebar --> The planets must have been aligned last night because this place was/is PACKED! When I eventually saw Moira in the nursery it was wall-to-wall babies and standing room only... if babies could stand that is.
At any rate... Things kicked into high gear around 11:00pm when the doc came in, checked and said "you're complete, ready to have this baby?" Oh, well... if it's that simple, then sure. And once they were all set up, 10 minutes and three pushes later later little Moira was born at 11:40pm. Unfortunately she did have a little muconium to deal with that they had to take her into the nursery for. But after a few hours, some great TLC by the nurses and a squeaky clean bath, she was ready to join us.
Mom and little girl are doing well and can't wait to tell you more about themselves once they get thier energy back! Oh yeah, Dad is fine too. :)
Be sure to check out the new slideshow below!
6 comments:
I am in tears! So happy for you all and can't wait to see the whole Stevenson family in January. Take care of yourselves ;) XOXOXOXOX
Auntie Allie
Congrats! So many girls! I should have known - Margaret Moira, of course. Beautiful name for a beautiful baby! Good luck with that sleep thing, we'll all get some eventually.
She is beautiful. We are are sooo happy for you guys. I hope you enjoy some rest while in the hospital and please let us know when you are up for visitors. Again, CONGRATS
Love,
The Johnson Family
Your baby is even more beautiful in person. So glad that we got to come and steal some baby love from Moira. Mariah you looked great. I still get tears in my eyes when I think of all of ours kids playing together...GEEK! Anyways can't wait to see you guys again and best wishes to all of you :-)
She is DARLING and I love you ALL to pieces! Congrats from the Weems fam!
From my crew to yours Jon we wish you and your family all the best as you welcome your new little queen into the Stevenson kingdom! Please let us know if you need anything.....Congrats!
Post a Comment